Monday, September 30, 2019

GOD SAID WHAT?

Get Out of the Boat!

God began doing something new a few months ago which took us by surprise this summer.  About the same time, God was speaking to us about getting out of the boat…getting out of our comfort zone and taking steps of faith…again.

The first step for me (Eddie) this time around, was taking a flight to the capital city of Buenos Aires and getting my Cuban passport renewed.  One month later it was ready to be picked up.  The next week I purchased tickets for Diana and I to travel to Cuba.  Many months prior, God had asked me to dream and then he put it all together and the dream became a reality.

Why was this a big deal? In recent years, God began to stir in me a desire to return to the country of my birth.  I knew that if I went to Cuba, I wanted it to be for a purpose… to minister.  Of course, I also wanted to see family I had not seen in years or ever.  After all, I was only four years old when our family left.  Lastly, I wanted to see the natural beauty of the Island.  It was a two week trip which unfolded in early September.

God is good, God is faithful, and God wants us to believe him for greater things.  With him nothing is impossible.

Below are some pictures where you can see that God gave me the desires of my heart...  

Left - Preaching at the church 
in Havana where my parents pastored in the early 60's.

Right - Preaching at my mom's home church in the city where I was born.



Preaching in my dad's home town of Ciego de Avila at the church he attended while in his teenage years.  From here he went to Bible school.




In each of the three cities we visited, I was able to connect with family.



God even blessed us with a day at one of  the lovely Cuban beaches.

We serve a good God, folks! One who is interested in every detail of our lives and One who wants to show us what it really means to live an abundant life.

To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment