Monday, June 19, 2017

Some Personal News



Eddie had his appointment at the Stanford Pain Clinic last week and was told that his situation was unique and that he may be a candidate for a surgical procedure.  The doctor referred his case to a neurosurgeon who was to review the case and then get back to Eddie.  We are thanking God that today Eddie received a call and an appointment was set to meet with the neurosurgeon at the end of this month.  At that time we will know more clearly what his prognosis is and whether a surgical procedure can be done or if he will remain on medication.  We are anxious to hear what the neurosurgeon will have to say.  In the mean time we will continue to work and prepare to return to Argentina as soon as we can.


Last Wednesday my mother and I made it back from our quick trip to Phoenix.  The home going services for my Aunt Lucy were beautiful.  There was much singing and even special songs sung by my cousins and other family members.  It was good to see family that we hadn’t seen in years.  My mom’s side of the family is very musical and my Aunt Lucy’s family is the most musical of them all.  I will miss her lovely, angelic voice.  I’m glad she recorded a couple of CD’s so she can still encourage friends and family through her music.

Yesterday, just ten days later, my Aunt Martha joined my Aunt Lucy in heaven.  While in Phoenix we visited her in the hospital and although she was weak, she was able to receive many guests and even laugh as stories were shared from their childhood.  Above, my mom shares a picture of her grandchildren with her younger sister.  There were eleven siblings in both my mother’s and my father’s families.  Several are no longer with us.  It is hard to believe we were just together with her last week and now she is gone.  Although I did not see my Aunts very often, their great faith encouraged my life and I will miss them.


No comments:

Post a Comment